Have you been planning to take a trip to Australia?
Do you know you can holiday and work in Australia at the same time?
The visa laws of Australia give a unique and lifetime opportunity to young people to experience a taste of Australia while working odd jobs to supplement your stay. There are a few conditions to satisfy, but almost anyone can get through the approval. Let’s find out the basic requirements of applying for the Working Holiday Visa in Australia.
- You are between 18 to 30 years of age
- You are available for work and holidaying in Australia for at least a year
- You have a valid passport from a participating country
- You can support yourself on your own money (AUD 5000)
- You will be able to book a return or onward travel ticket at the expiry of visa
- You do not have any child dependant on you in Australia
Countries enlisted under the Visa program
There are several countries with whom Australia maintains the Working Holiday Visa like:
- Hong Kong
How long is the visa valid?
The visa is granted for 12 months from the date of entering Australia. You can extend the visa for another 12 months if your employment has been in Australia’s regional areas. You must have worked for at least 3 months on your first visa for renewal.
What type of work can I find?
You will be eligible for any lawful work under Working Holiday Visa. It can be a part time or full time employment or voluntary work. The online job portals will be a good place to search for job opportunities. You can also check out the job posting on local newspapers on online versions.
How can I apply for the visa?
All applications have to be made through Department of Immigration and Border Protection either by post, courier on online request. The current charges for the visa is AUD $ 440.